‘Excellent. I would recommend this course to anyone who’s wanting to get into writing.’ – Carol
A two-day weekend masterclass offering the most in-depth exploration of travel journalism currently available.
This inspiring weekend explores all the key concepts in travel journalism, taught by experienced travel editors and writers from the national media.
Suitable for all levels, it’s a hands-on interactive event that will lift your writing to a professional level. It includes professional insights, writing practice and pitching advice, in a small and supportive group of kindred spirits.
Early booking discount
Book early for a 10% discount. Available up to 4 weeks ahead.
- Pat Riddell, editor of National Geographic Traveller magazine (November 2020 course).
- Nick Boulos, Travel Writer of the Year, widely published freelance travel journalist, former Travellers’ Tales student (November 2020 course).
- Jonathan Lorie author of The Travel Writer’s Way, freelance travel journalist and former editor of Traveller magazine (all courses).
What’s in the course?
Top professionals share their own secrets for success. Focused on the practicalities of getting your travel articles published, key content includes:
- Writing practice and feedback
- Describing people and places
- Structuring articles
- Finding angles
- Intros and endings
- Writing with facts
- Working on the road
- How to pitch
- What editors want
- How the market works
- Building a freelance business
- The digital future
- Next steps
‘Both the guest editors were such lovely generous people and it was an honour to meet them. I will of course be contacting them!’ – Leanne
DATE 2022 dates not released yet: join the mailing list for alerts.
LOCATION Central London, UK.
PRICE Early price £370, full price £410.
LEVEL Beginners, returners and advanced.