‘Really informative, well paced, interesting. Great panel, knowledgeable, humorous, lively. Couldn’t be improved.’ – Lucy
This one-day weekend seminar offers a comprehensive introduction to travel writing for beginners, led by a stellar cast of speakers.
This ever-popular event, now in its tenth year, works brilliantly as an introduction for beginners or a refresher for returners.
Whether your aim is to get your stories published, or just to develop your writing, please join us for an intensive day of insight, laughter, sharing and inspiring.
This course is run in association with Bradt Guides, pioneers in tackling unusual destinations and champions of high quality writing.
Early booking discount
Book early for a 10% discount. Available up to 4 weeks ahead.
- Ben Ross travel editor at The Telegraph newspaper and previously at The Independent newspaper. (tbc)
- Hilary Bradt legendary founder of Bradt Travel Guides and award-winning travel writer for national newspapers and magazines for almost four decades.
- Adrian Phillips Travel Writer of the Year and managing director of Bradt Travel Guides.
- Jonathan Lorie author of The Travel Writer’s Way, freelance travel journalist and former editor of Traveller magazine.
What’s in the course?
An expert panel of magazine, newspaper and book editors and writers give their inside view on how to write travel stories and pitch them for publication. Focused on achievable entry-points such as blogs, articles and competitions, key content includes:
- Planning a blog
- Writing and pitching articles
- Writing books and guidebooks
- Top tips for good style
- Examples from published authors
- Recommended reading list
- (NB this seminar does not include writing practice)
‘Absolutely excellent course, the best value and the most enjoyable.’ – Paul
DATE 2022 dates not released yet: join the mailing list for alerts.
LOCATION central London, UK.
PRICE early price £149, full price £165.