“It was amazing how much you managed to cram in. We learned so much and all that insider information is really priceless.’ – Dianne
A one-day weekend workshop that offers a fast and fun exploration of how travel writing works – and whether it could work for you.
This new course is ideal for beginners and writers from other genres who want to see what’s possible in travel writing and try their hand with some practical exercises.
In a fast and fun day we will work together on writing practice, learning from much-loved writers and discovering the routes to publication. We’ll also look at the overlaps with other genres, including memoirs and humour.
Whether you’re ambitious to be a published writer, eager to share your work online, or content to enjoy the quiet pleasures of writing for yourself, this course is a perfect starting point.
Early booking discount
Book early for a 10% discount. Available up to 4 weeks ahead.
- Jonathan Lorie, Britain’s most experienced tutor in travel writing, author of The Travel Writer’s Way, former editor of Traveller magazine, freelance travel journalist for national magazines and newspapers, director of Travellers’ Tales.
What’s in the course?
Focused on the craft of writing good travel stories, key content includes:
- What makes travel writing work?
- What’s makes a good story?
- Describing places and people
- Top tips for good style
- Examples from published authors
- Writing practice and feedback
- An overview of getting published (blogs, articles and books)
- Recommended reading list
‘It has changed my way of thinking and working. You did say the course could change your life!’ – Gerald
DATE 2022 dates not released yet: join the mailing list for alerts.
LOCATION central London, UK.
PRICE early price £126, full price £140.
LEVEL beginners and writers from other genres.