“A brilliant course. Your tutors were superb and really knew their stuff.” – Margaret
A two-day weekend masterclass offering the only dedicated course on writing and publishing book-length travel stories.
This unique weekend is intended for anyone considering or already involved in a book-length writing project. It will guide you through the pleasures and problems of writing long-form and help you to map out your own way forward weed vape pen. Particular attention will be paid to your own book idea.
In a small group led by experienced writers, we will explore the creative potential of a genre that spans travel, memoir, humour, adventure, culture, confession and so much more. We will also survey the routes to getting your book published.
Early booking discount
Book early for a 10% discount. Available up to 4 weeks ahead.
- Rory MacLean, author of over a dozen travel books, described by John le Carré thus: “MacLean must surely be the outstanding, and most indefatigable, traveller-writer of our time.” His best known works are Stalin’s Nose, a travelogue through eastern Europe after the fall of the Berlin Wall; Magic Bus, a history of the Asia Overland hippie trail; and Berlin: Imagine a City, a portrait of that city over 500 years. His latest is Pravda Ha Ha, which was shortlisted for the Dolmen Travel Book Prize.
- Jonathan Lorie, author of The Travel Writer’s Way, the ultimate handbook for aspiring travel writers, and Director of Travellers’ Tales.
What’s in the course?
This is a wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in the possibilities of turning your travels into a book. Focused on the narrative power of long-form writing, key content includes:
- Writing practice and feedback.
- Planning a long-form project
- Developing ideas and themes
- Finding a shape for your story
- Creating narrative drive
- Openings and endings
- Plots, sublots, characters and companions
- Motifs, symbols and meanings
- Describing people and places
- Writing about yourself
- How the market works
- Approaching agents and publishers
- Building a writing career
- Next steps
‘I have so much confidence right now, thanks to you. I feel like a different person.’ – Rosie
DATE next dates not yet released: please join our mailing list for alerts.
LOCATION central London, UK.
PRICE early price £396, full price £440.
LEVEL beginners, returners and advanced.